UpOnCourier (UpOnCall Inc.):
Downloading, installing, or using any associated software supplied by the Company which purpose is to enable you to use the Service (collectively, the “Software”), you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
The Company reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement or its policies relating to the Service and Software at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Agreement on the Service or Software. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Agreement. Continued use of the Service or Software after any such changes shall constitute your consent to all such changes.
Permitted Items for Transport
- UpOnCall Drivers (Couriers) can only transport items that a normal or reasonable human can carry which is 25-30 lbs.
- Your messenger will be on a bike, foot, or by car.
- Your messenger may refuse to accept oversize, illegal items as depicted below.
Restricted items that cannot be sent for delivery:
Items sent via UpOnCourier must comply with all laws and regulations and with UpOnCourier's policies. Sending illegal, unsafe, or other prohibited items listed on this page is strictly prohibited.
If you send an item in violation of the law or any of our policies, including those listed on this page, we will take corrective actions, as appropriate, including but not limited to, immediately suspending or terminating your account. Sending illegal or unsafe products can also lead to legal action, including civil and criminal penalties.
UpOnCourier encourages you to report items that violate UpOnCourier's policies or applicable law by contacting us. We will investigate each report thoroughly and take appropriate action.
The following items are prohibited from package delivery:
- People and animals
- Illegal items
- Firearms, weapons, ammunition, and their parts
- Highly perishable food or beverages (e.g., raw meat or dairy products, etc.)
- Pharmaceutical products, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, or supplements
- Money, gift cards, lottery tickets, or transferable securities
- Recreational drugs, drug paraphernalia, or tobacco products
- Dangerous or hazardous items, including explosives, items that are poisonous or flammable (including paints or adhesives containing a flammable liquid), substances and material identified in the Hazardous Materials Table in 49 CFR section 172.101, or material determined to be hazardous under 49 U.S.C. section 5103 et. seq. and transported in a quantity requiring placarding according to regulations prescribed under 49 CFR, Subtitle B, Chapter I, Subchapter C, hazardous waste (including but not limited to hypodermic needles), or medical waste
- Stolen goods
- Any items for which you do not have permission to send
- Any items reasonably likely to be perceived by the recipient as threatening or harassing, or otherwise contravening the Community Guidelines
The above list of prohibited items is not exhaustive. UpOnCourier retains the discretion to prohibit additional items that are not on the above list.
Have questions about package delivery through the UpOnCourier app? Email us at info@UpOnCourier.com
UpOnCourier will guarantee damaged, lost, or stolen items up to $100, with the exception of the aforementioned restricted items.
Tracking of your Parcel
You can follow your package on the UpOnCourier Application. ETA (estimated time of arrivals) are estimates and subject to change. GPS could be inaccurate, or not available if the courier’s reception is out. Please call 1-888-876-6671 if you see any difficulty in tracking your parcel or need any assistance.
The company’s service and software may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of the internet and electronic delivery communication system. The company is NOT responsible for delays, failures, or other damages resulting from such issues.
Custody of Parcels
There must be someone at the delivery address to receive your item(s). The UpOnCourier courier will wait a maximum of 5 minutes and return the package back to the original destination. The following must occur in order to complete a delivery:
If you would like to waive the verification process, a text message confirmation through the mobile app with a response is required. The liability of the package will be on the requestor (you). If no one is at the location and the verification process is waived, the courier will return the package to the original sending location and the requestor (you) will be charged the delivery fee + a returning fee + cancellation fee.
Cancellation and Order Fulfillment Policy
- If no one is present at your pickup location, or the package is not ready, a cancellation fee will apply.
- If no one is present at your delivery location, the courier will wait for a maximum of 10 minutes before returning the item. Requestor (you) will be responsible as mentioned.
- Any delivery that has no contact at the delivery location must provide details on location to leave the package and a text message stating that no contact is available.
- If no one is present at the delivery location and the requestor (you) are also unavailable, the requestor will be responsible. The courier will leave the item and the original pickup location and the requestor (you) will be responsible for fees incurred.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will the company’s aggregate liability exceed the amounts actually paid by and/or due from you in the (6) month period immediately preceding the event giving rise to such a claim. In no event shall the company and/or it’s licensors be liable to anyone for any indirect, punitive, special, exemplary, incidental, consequential, or other damages of any type or kind such as:
- Personal injury
- Loss of data
The quality of the courier service used through UpOnCourier’s software is the responsibility of the third-party provider who provides such services to you. You, therefore, understand that by using the software and the service your parcels may be exposed to situations that are potentially dangerous, offensive, harmful, unsafe and that you use the software at your own risk.
Relationship between UpOnCourier Drivers and the Company
If you are delivering for UpOnCourier, you are an independent contractor and you are not an employee, owner, joint venture, partner, or agent of the Company, and that there absolutely no employment agreement between you and the company.
Termination of Agreement
This Agreement is effective upon the use of the Software or the Service. You or the Company may terminate your participation in the Service at any time, for any reason and the Company may prohibit your use of the Software or Service at any time in its sole discretion. The terms of this Agreement, and any subsequent modification of this Agreement, shall remain in effect at all times after you or the Company terminate your participation or access to the Software or Service.
By using UpOnCourier technology, you warrant that you:
- Are legally capable of entering into binding contracts
- You are at least 19 years old.
Please email us at info@UpOnCourier.com or legal@UpOnCall.com if you have any questions or concerns. You may mail us at UpOnCall Inc. 555 Burrard St Vancouver BC Canada V7X1M8 and one of our team member will get back to you as soon as possible.